Last updated: August 19, 2022
We believe in the importance of being able to control who gets what information. This not only means you want your coworker to have your work email, and your friend to have your personal phone number, but it also means there are people who shouldn’t have any of your information.
We’ve made several choices in how ViralCard is built to ensure only the people you choose to share with get the details you choose to share.
Please read the following carefully to understand how we will collect, use, and maintain your personal information. It also describes your choices regarding the use, access, and correction of your personal information.
The ViralCard Service
ViralCard organizes and provides efficient means to access and receive updates regarding your contacts, and to share your own information with your contacts. The ViralCard Service may additionally connect with third party software platforms which you have authorized to connect with ViralCard (“Third Party Platforms”).
What Is Personal Information?
“Personal Information” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, address, telephone number, mobile number or e-mail address, an identification number, location information, an online identifier, or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
“Other Information” is any information that is not Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information. Personal Information does not include anonymized or “aggregate” information, or publicly available information that has not been combined with Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information.
What Information Do We Collect And When Do We Collect It?
We may collect your Personal Information in the following circumstances:
- When you voluntarily provide it to us, such as when you register for an account with your email and password, or by using a social login (“ViralCard Login Credentials”), send us an email or post information or other content to our Site or Service;
- When you connect a Third Party Platform with your ViralCard account we will receive information from that service (such as your username, basic profile information) via the authorization procedures used by that service. Any additional information we receive depends on which services you authorize and any options that are available;
- If you purchase a subscription to the Service requiring billing or payment information, we require that you provide certain additional Personal Information, including your address, phone number, and credit card number (“Payment Information”). This information is necessary to process your requests and to contact you; and
- When you accept another user’s invitation to connect on the Service.
When you utilize the Service, we also receive certain Other Information about you or your use of the Service. Such Other Information may be collected using various technologies, including:
ViralCard keeps Personal Information contained in your cookies and obtained through the other tracking technologies confidential. We do not set any cookies outside of the www.viralcard.io domain.
We also may partner with certain third parties to collect, analyze, and use some of the Personal and Other Information described in this section. For example, we may allow third parties to set cookies or use web beacons on the Service or in email communications from ViralCard. This information may be used for a variety of purposes, including analytics.
How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
We use your Personal Information and Other Information collected through our Service for the following purposes:
- to enable you to share Personal Information and connect to and communicate with other users;
- to provide our Service or information you request, and to process and complete any transactions;
- to respond to your emails, submissions, questions, comments, requests, and complaints and provide customer service;
- to monitor and analyze usage of the Service and trends, and to personalize and improve our Service and our users’ experiences on our Service, such as content, or features that match their profiles or interests, and to increase the functionality and user friendliness of our Service;
- to send you confirmations, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, our Service;
- to contact you about the Service in which you have expressed interest or that might be of interest to you; and
- for any other purpose for which the information was collected.
What Information Do We Share With Third Parties?
ViralCard exists to make your professional network more actionable, not to sell your data. However, we share personal information as follows:
- Other users you connect with on the Service: The core functionality of the ViralCard Service allows you to share your Personal Information with other users, and to receive the Personal Information of those other users. When you invite another user to connect with you, either via the interface of the Service, or by sharing a QR code, link or other personal identifier generated by the Service, your Personal Information will be provided to people who view or access such code, link or identifier. You can control which information you share via the settings provided within the Service.
- With Your Consent: We may share your Personal Information when you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you on our Service that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
- Business Transfers: We might sell or buy business assets. We may share your Personal Information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where Personal Information may be disclosed or transferred as one of our business assets.
- Analytics: We partner with certain third parties to collect the Other Information discussed above and to engage in analysis, auditing, research, and reporting. These third parties may use web logs or web beacons, and they may set and access cookies or use similar tracking technologies on your computer or other device.
You may choose to provide us with another person’s email address so that person may be invited to create an account on our Service. By providing us with another person’s email address, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the person concerned as regards such disclosure to us of that email address. We may disclose such information if required to do so in order to comply with legal process, as described above.
Links to Other Sites
What Steps Do We Take To Protect Your Information?
We use reasonable physical, technical, and administrative security measures to protect your Personal Information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse.
Your Rights: Reviewing, Changing or Deleting Your Information
You may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in your account from within the Service itself or by contacting us at email@example.com. You also authorize us, on your behalf, and in accordance with your account preferences to delete information when not reasonably needed for the Service. If you have shared your Personal or Other Information with others and they have not deleted it, or it was copied or stored by other users, ViralCard will not be obligated to delete such information.